Friday, October 31, 2008

Search Full Text of All SBL Books

I had not noticed this before, and it looks to be a new feature on the SBL (Society of Biblical Literature) web site. It is now possible to search the full text of all SBL books. (If I have discerned correctly, there are over 1100 SBL books.) You do not need to be a SBL member to have access to this tool. Go to the SBL publications page and scroll down to the bottom where you will see this box.

Search the Full Text of all SBL Books

If you have used Google book search, the results will look familiar. I couldn't find any results that were more than limited preview, but this is still a great tool for doing research and finding references in a corpus that is specific to the field of biblical studies.

1 comment:

  1. Mark, thank you for your post. It is very helpful. I have made a post on your post on my blog for my students and readers. (SBL & Searching Their Books at http://hebrewscripturesandmore.com/Blog/?p=751)
    Mark, keep up your good work. Many people have been assisted in their research and studies by your posts.
    Thanks Again,
    David Hymes

    ReplyDelete